Duchy Nursery


Today I decided to go to Lostwithiel to have a mooch around the antique shops, and then for lunch I took the short drive up to the Duchy of Cornwall nursery. The indoor cafe was full, but there were a few tables set up in part of the greenhouse, and I actually prefer to sit in there amongst all the interesting pots and plants. 
 This little robin was singing his heart out and hopping around the tables looking for titbits.
 They really do display the plants beautifully at this nursery, with imaginative use of antique props and a plethora of nice quality pots and planters.




 My particular interest is in cacti and succulents, so this display really caught my eye.
 Aren't the little ceramic pots lovely?

 And yes, one of these did come home with me......

 Afterwards I took a walk from nearby Respryn Bridge up to Lanhydrock House. The sun on the beech tree avenue was magical.
 I collected some twigs from a dead oak tree; these will come in useful for wreath-making.
 Then down to the banks of the fast-flowing River Fowey and a leisurely stroll back to the van, and home.
xxx

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder

Rare Disease Day and the promises of personalized medicine

O ur daughter Ellen wrote the post that I republish below 3 years ago, and we've reposted it in commemoration of Rare Disease Day, Febru...